Do you want to be involved in creating something that has never existed before? Are you interested in making AR eyewear mainstream reality? Do you want to be there when something extraordinary happens? Are you enthusiastic about working in a vibrant, international, fast-paced environment? Then come and join our growing team on the leading edge of a rapidly growing augmented reality industry!
Dispelix Oy is a nanophotonic company, specialized in augmented reality display modules and waveguides. We were founded in 2015 and we are a fast-growing company with 130+ employees and 30 different nationalities in our team. Dispelix is operating in global locations including offices in Finland (Espoo, Joensuu), the United States, and China.
Optical System Engineer in Espoo, Finland
As a System Engineer you are working as a part of a talented team to develop leading waveguide solutions for XR. You are responsible for external technology interfaces for Dispelix’s waveguide displays. You are collaborating with customers, integrators, and technology partners to ensure the successful integration of our displays, and to promote our technology.
In this role your duties may include collecting essential information at product planning phase, preparing technical material to support the product integration, providing direct technical consultation remotely or onsite, and advising our technical field engineers that are working at customer/partner interface. Typical technical interfaces include a mixture of aspects such as optical, mechanical, electronics, packaging, and more. You will also be working with technical concepting, development, and verification of our technology evaluation units together with our vendors.
Preferred qualifications to be successful in this position:
- Relevant technical education and/or relevant work experience and knowledge on optical systems
- Proven ability to execute multidisciplinary technical projects
- Willingness for hands-on contribution to system concepting and verification
- Solid communication skills with internal and external stakeholders internationally
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
We also value knowledge in system engineering and experience in developing high-tech hardware products.
You should have the ability to work both individually and with a team, and to travel both domestically and internationally.
We offer for you
- A diverse and collaborative work environment
- Low hierarchy and interesting opportunities to grow in your career
- A Flexible working culture and work-life-balance
- Health and travel insurance, lunch and sport and culture benefit, phone, mobile subscription, and home internet connection
Why not apply? The position is full-time and starts as agreed. The vacancy is open until we have found a suitable candidate to fill the position, so please send your application, CV and salary request to us as soon as possible.
Dispelix employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression, age, marital status or disability etc.