Dispelix is an internationally recognized company, specialized in augmented reality display modules and waveguides, with our own self-developed unique methods of making the best see-through displays available on the market. We were recently listed among the most promising startups in the world by Bloomberg, being the only company from Finland on the list. Dispelix Oy was founded 2015 and is a fast-growing company with 120+ employees. We have now four locations including the offices in Espoo (the Head Quarters), in Joensuu, Dispelix USA Inc. and Dispelix (Shenzhen) Technology Limited Liability Company.
We are looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated software architect, skilled in the application of artificial intelligence (AI), to develop in-house software tools which support the design of waveguides.
The AI Architect will assume a leading role in the design of AI-related parts of the in-house tools and provide junior developers with technical leadership.
The successful candidate should have a wide knowledge of AI, in particular machine learning. We expect the AI Architect to be able to innovatively apply AI to waveguide design, even if the person has no earlier familiarity with waveguides. Knowledge of optimization in general and of AI’s applicability to optimization problems is an important asset. Experience and skills in leadership, and ability to lead by example, and the ability to set and achieve definite targets are essential in this role.
Competencies in the following are also appreciated: (traditional) algorithm development, programming languages (especially C/C++, Python, Matlab), user interface development (for example Qt), cloud computing, parallel computing, or GPU computation/shader development.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and implementing new algorithms and optimization tools.
- Programming server and GPU implementations of novel in-house algorithms.
- Developing user interfaces for the in-house tools.
- Interacting with other senior developers.
- Communicating progress to management.
- Guiding junior developers and developing their competences.
We appreciate any of the following:
- An MSc degree in Computer Science.
- An ability to independently solve complex problems.
- 5+ years of experience in programming.
- Familiarity with processes, tools and methods of professional SW development and system engineering.
- An organized way of working and an ability to lead by example.
- Experience of technical leadership.
- People management skills.
- Skill and interest in documenting designs and development roadmaps.
You should have good communication skills, open attitude and courageous mind so that you can successfully fill your position.
We offer an exciting international work environment and a highly talented world-class team beside you. We encourage and support each person in our team to develop themselves for future challenges.
The position is full-time and starts as agreed. The vacancy is open until we have found a suitable candidate to fill the position, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Apply by sending your Cover Letter, compact CV and a salary request.
Mikko Vänttinen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and join our growing team on the leading edge of a rapidly growing augmented reality industry!