Join the exciting and rapidly growing augmented reality industry!
At Dispelix, we are led by the world's most sought-after experts in AR, optics, photonics, and manufacturing, headquartered in the technology hub of Espoo, Finland.
We were founded in 2015 and have 130+ employees representing 30 different nationalities. Our global locations include offices in Finland (Espoo, Joensuu), the United States, and China.
Come and join us as we build and deliver next-generation waveguide technology for both consumers as well as enterprise AR and MR wearables!
Senior Engineer, Nanoscale Optics Manufacturing, in Espoo, Finland
Dispelix Oy is looking for an experienced and highly self-driven engineer to develop diffractive optics waveguides for state-of-art see-through displays.
In this role, you are responsible for developing manufacturing solutions for new display products throughout their development cycle from conceptual ideas through to manufacturing, with emphasis on early product development. Your day-to-day work may include management and hands-on work with cleanroom processing and process development, component characterization, and data analysis. You will be solving challenging problems independently and in collaboration with an enthusiastic team. You are expected to actively drive product development with internal and external stakeholders.
A successful candidate has
- MSc/BSc or equivalent degree from a relevant technical field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in semiconductor/MEMS/nanophotonic manufacturing technologies, processes, and process development
- Proven knowledge of data analysis techniques
- Experience in complex product development
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to solve complex problems in a structured manner
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
We also appreciate any of the following
- Knowledge in optics, preferably diffractive optics
- Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma or other product development methodologies
You should have the ability to work both individually and with a team, and to travel both domestically and internationally.
We offer for you
- A diverse and collaborative work environment
- Low hierarchy and interesting opportunities to grow in your career
- Flexible working culture and work-life-balance
- Health and travel insurance, lunch and sport and culture benefit, phone, mobile subscription, and home internet connection.
- Option plan
Meeting your values? The position is full-time and starts as agreed. The vacancy is open until we have found a suitable candidate to fill the position, so please send your application, CV, and salary request to us as soon as possible.
Dispelix employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression, age, marital status or disability etc.