Dispelix Oy is an internationally recognized company, specialized in augmented reality waveguide displays. Our self-developed unique methods of making the see-through displays power AR experiences that push boundaries. Dispelix Oy was founded in 2015 and is a fast-growing company with 120+ employees. We are operating in global locations including offices in Finland (HQ in Espoo and Joensuu), the United States, and China.
Dispelix is looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated researcher/programmer to develop in-house software tools which are used by other teams for waveguide design.
The successful candidate should have a good knowledge in at least one of the following: diffractive optics, electromagnetic theory, ray tracing, computational physics, numerical analysis, matrix analysis/computation, (numerical) optimization, mathematical analysis, algorithm development, programming (e.g., C/C++, Python, Fortran, Matlab, assembler), parallel computing, or GPU computation / shader development. You will be working on and solving challenging problems independently and in collaboration with an enthusiastic team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and implementing new algorithms and optimization tools for optical system analysis.
- Programming server and GPU implementations of novel in-house algorithms.
- Researching the mathematics and numerical challenges of optical waveguides and diffractive optics.
We appreciate any of the following:
- A PhD degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- An ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Experience in diffractive optics design and optimization.
- Experience in electromagnetic theory and computation.
- 5+ years of experience in programming.
- Familiarity with parallel and/or GPU computing.
- Experience in algorithm development.
- Experience in optimization problems, their numerical solutions and algorithms.
- Knowledge of numerical analysis, matrix analysis and/or some other relevant mathematical discipline.
- Knowledge of basic optics, including illumination, imaging, physical and geometrical optics, polarization control, coherence theory, and colorimetry.
You should have the ability to work in a team and to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally.
We offer an exciting international work environment and a highly talented world-class team beside you. We encourage and support each person in our team to develop themselves for future challenges.
The position is full-time and starts as agreed. The vacancy is open until we have found a suitable candidate to fill the position, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Apply by sending your Cover Letter and compact CV and a salary request as soon as possible.
Further information: Mikko Vänttinen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and join our growing team on the leading edge of a rapidly growing augmented reality industry!